Having an Easter Tea Party, try these scrumptious scones with any of our teas.
450g self-raising flour, plus extra to dust
100g butter, chilled and cubed
50g caster sugar
200ml low fat milk
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan) mark 7. Lightly flour a large baking tray.
- In a food processor, whiz the flour, butter and sugar until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Tip into a bowl and stir in the sultanas.
- In a large jug whisk the milk with 2 of the eggs, then stir into the dry ingredients using a blunt-ended cutlery knife to make a soft dough.
- Turn the mixture on to a floured surface, bring together and pat down until 2.5cm (1in) thick. Cut out rounds with a 5cm (2in) fluted cutter and transfer to the floured baking tray. Beat the remaining egg and brush a little over the tops of the scones.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12min until golden brown and risen. Cool on a wire rack before serving with cream and jam.